Thursday, October 24, 2013

Tauriel Cosplay - Bodice Complete! (Mostly)

Hullo peeps!

It's been wayyyy too long, I know, I know. I don't really have an excuse, except that I wasn't feeling motivated to work on le Tauriel costume... xD

So, here's the story. ;)

The leather bodice has been at a state of half-finished-ness for the past several weeks. The only work done on it in those weeks was about 2 weeks ago, when I sewed the back sections on. But I just left it at that.

The days ticked by... until... last night.

It's about 8 o'clock, and I've got nothing of real importance to do. So, I'm like, mkay. I need to just sit down and finish this thing. My reasoning: I've only got a month and a half until the Desolation of Smaug premiere. (EEEEPPPPP!!!!) If I want to be done by then, I should probably finish this bodice now, before I start work on the dress. (Which I still don't have fabric for.. :p)

So, here's the result of last night's work. :D


It looks kinda bad in the pictures, but I promise it looks much much much better in reality. :D

The only things left to do on it are the grommets for the lacing in the back! Oh, and I'm gonna make the sleeves just a bit shorter/thinner, and the neckline lower as well, I think. But I'll make those adjustments after I make the dress, so I can see what looks right.

So yeah! See ya'll on the flip side! (or until my next post. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Woah! I LOVE it! It looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How!? Woman! How? ;) this is great. I'm making my ten yrold a Halloween costume. She is going to be Tauriel too. She's pretty excited. I'm so happy you do this and that you shared it.

    ReplyDelete