Saturday, November 5, 2016

Doctor Strange Cosplay - Sneak Peek

The past 3 weeks have been the busiest and craziest of my college career so far, I think.  Which is also why I've been MIA the past weeks, and haven't been able to update you lovely people on my Doctor Strange cosplay progress.

But, I am happy to say, that fem Doctor Strange was completed in time for opening night (and Halloween).  And it went over really well, I think!!  Here's a low quality sneak peek, a quick shot from the theater Thursday night:

(the belt is off-kilter sorryyyyy)
And my gender-bent Doctor Strange cosplay is completed (unless I decide to make a few upgrades later... eheheh)!!  It was such a crazy project to tackle, quite possibly my most complex to date.  And I learned SO much in the making of it -- from officially creating my first cape (with an absolutely preposterous collar), to utilizing magical separating zippers.

Also, it's undoubtedly my most high-quality cosplay to date, which is such an encouragement because YAY actual improvement in my skillz!! ;)  But, heh, also my most expensive, I think.  I used every dime of my $100 budget -- as well as putting in approx. 50 hours or more of work on it, I'd say.  Yes, I am crazy (mwahahaha), BUT I truly do love it. ^_^

And before I sign off... GUYS.  It's not over yet because I still want to show you how I made this costume!  So, in the coming weeks, I'm planning to write up a few posts on how I made/procured the rest of it.  And I also hope to do an actual photoshoot with the costume over Thanksgiving break (halleluJAH)... but, we shall see. :D

OH and I also want to write up a post with all my crazy absurd thoughts on the movie (did I mention I discussed it with friends for like 4 hours afterwards) -- but for now, just know that it is basically a fantastic mind trip with some objectionable content that I have a lot of thoughts on... ;)

SO how about you???  Have you seen Doctor Strange yet?  Do you plan to? :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Beth! That costume is amazing! I think if Benedict saw it, he'd be floored. At least I would if I was Benedict :P. I revamped my Rey cosplay in time for the 31st and for Rogue One. I want to do my Rey photoshoot during a snowfall for StarKiller ambiance :). I hope you get to do your Dr. Strange photoshoot soon! Did you like the movie? Blessings to you!
    In Christ,
    Emily :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOUR COSPLAY!! I havent seen Doctor Strange yet but people keep telling me too so my brother and I made plans to possibly go see it tomorrow. Im pretty freaking excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your costume! I've been looking into female versions of costumes, this one is great! Especially the collar. :) Can't wait for the tutorial!
    I haven't seen it yet, and don't know if I will.
    <3 , IrishAG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I just started reading your blog. You have a wonderful blog! It's very inspiring, both for blogging and for costumes. I saw Doctor Strange and loved it! I especially like the cloak, it must have been so interesting to make. I did not make a costume to go in, nor did I go opening night, but I wore A grey cloak and a steampunk top hat. Not exactly related, but certainly strange!

    -Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Beth,

    Your Doctor Strange cosplay is so good! I'm a Christian, writer, and amateur cosplayer myself so I'm so glad to have found your blog! I look forward to reading more posts. :)

    If you'd like to connect with me on my blog (I know, shameless plug lol) you can find me at caitlineha.wordpress.com. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete